Kelly Grafton is an experienced attorney, having represented corporate and personal clients in both Federal and Maryland State courts. She has extensive experience drafting and managing civil appeals as both an appellant and appellee. She has both succeeded in overturning jury verdicts awarded against her clients and having the courts of appeal uphold judgments in favor of her clients. As an appellate advocate, she has received a number of reported opinions that have shaped case law in the areas of expert evidence, circumstantial evidence, and sufficiency of evidence for summary judgment. In addition to successfully defending corporate clients from multi-million dollar lawsuits, she has also successfully represented families seeking to formalize guardianship arrangements, navigate the probate system, file bankruptcy, and handle other legal issues that affect the lives of every day people.
Kelly’s experience includes years as a litigation attorney with one of the largest law firms in the world and also more than ten years professional management and consulting experience. She is a frequent author of articles on appellate advocacy, bankruptcy, wills, trusts, and estate management, along with legal ethics and litigation.
Kelly was born and raised in Maryland and currently lives with her family in Baltimore County. She is a die-hard Orioles fan and is enjoying their recent success.
- Maryland (2006)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2014)
- United States Supreme Court (2014)
Rebuilding Lives Through Bankruptcy (2016), order today: RebuildingLivesBook.com
Education and Achievements
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with high honors
- Order of the Coif; Top 10% of Graduating Class
- Recipient of Phi Beta Kappa Award for Highest GPA for a Female Student in the First Year Evening Program
- Production Editor, The George Washington University Law Review
- Moot Court Board Executive Board Member
- Dean’s Fellow: Student Professor of Legal Research and Writing Program
Johns Hopkins University, Masters of Business Administration
Goucher College, Bachelors of Arts in Business and Law